Pages

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Urban Decay Sustainable box palette!!!













Hey all you beauty junkies out there!,
I am so excited about creating my first makeup post. Yippee! Let me first say this that it may be a bit crappy now, but I promise to improve it as time goes on. I am still getting use to this whole blogging stuff. So now that's outta the way down to business.

REVIEW:
I recently bought this
Urban Decay Sustainable Box Palette during a 15% off discount deal Sephora had going on around last year Christmas. It came with a little mini primer potion that has alot of product if u take of that rubber rim. So far i am really impressed with this palette! It is a great introduction for those who never used Urban decay cosmetics before(like me...I know, I know I am a little behind). Some of their colors are highly pigmented and some of them just have a bit more glitter than color. I also think this palette can be used all year round as glitter looks great for the summer as well as holiday seasons. My only complaints about this box is that it has way to much glitter in some of the colors. For example, "Uzi" and "kiddie pool". Some of the glitter tends to fall into your eyes if u don't apply it carefully( like I did) which will cause you rub your eyes all day. The 2nd thing that disturbs me most is the way the box opens up with a useless mirror on the side. The mirror is really small the rotating cover can get in the way with the bamboo casing. Also there is somewhat a useless brush( which makes a eyeliner brush).

What it comes with:

  • a mini Urban Decay Primer Potion
  • A small, travel friendly, eyeshadow brush
  • Side mirror (inconvenient)
  • 10 eyeshadow shadow shades From Left to Right 1st Row:YDK, Flipside, Griffter, Uzi, Twice Baked, 2nd Row:Midnight Cowboy Rides again, Flash, Oil Slick, Kiddie Pool, and Half Baked)

Pros:

  • Highly Pigmented
  • Shades are eye POPPING
  • Last all day( with primer)
  • Blends Well
  • Outer case is made from Bamboo

Cons:

  • Some of the colors have way to much glitter (Uzi and midnight Cowboy rides again)
  • The brush is very inconvenient, so is the mirror
  • I hate the way the cover opens
  • The brush barely pick up color as well as pack it on well.

Would I recommend this product? Yes, this palette is truly amazing and works well with my brown eyes. You can do a ton of eyeshadow looks with this palette. However, if you are not into glitter or a much older woman I don't think this palette would be right for you. For older women that have a few lines around the eyes the glitter fallout can actually make your eyes look older.

Thanks for reading! Stay tuned for my next blog...

No comments:

Post a Comment