Pages

Monday, June 21, 2010

Maybelline Pearl eyeshadow duo



Hey everyone!
Right now my room feels like an inferno and the fan is on and my windows are open. It is such a hot day outside in NYC so I am going to have to make this post a little brief. Let's get started shall we?


Review:
Today I am going to be doing a review of Maybelline's new pearl eyeshadow duo. The one I bought is called "Sinful Cinnamon". Doesn't the name sound interesting? lol. (Besides it was the last shade left). The cool part about this eyeshadow duo is the fact it can be applied wet or dry, but to me you get the best usage out of it when its applied wet. Now I tried it out a few times. The first time I used it I didn't like it. But after i kept using it, it started to find its place in my heart, as well as starting to irritate my eyes. It got so bad my eyes started looking red and my lids were so itchy. Just to let you know, I have used pearl eyeshadows like this before and I never had a problem. Here are the pros and cons.

Pros:

  • It's highly pigmented
  • Does add alot of shimmer
  • Ok packaging
  • Can swirl the colors together
  • Can be used wet or dry. Best if used wet
  • Long lasting
  • Option of making a dramatic or sheer look
Cons:
  • Alot of fallout
  • It irritated my eyelids
  • The lighter color/ pearl side is very flaky
  • The pearl side cannot be easily applied with a brush
  • Creases easily.
Would I recommend this product to a friend? Maybe. This product wasn't for me. The colors are really beautiful online and in the store, but I think its the eyeshadow fallout and the fact it irritated my eyes was what ruined it for me. Honestly, I think I am allergic to the pearl eyeshadows from the Maybelline line and wouldn't try it again. However, I say still give it a try and see if it works for you. Remember what may not work for me may work for you and vice-versa.







No comments:

Post a Comment