Pages

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

NYX Trio: Copper/Rust/Bronze


Sorry about the glare the case gets greasy and the flash wasn't helping.
















(L-R) Copper, Rust and Bronze
To be honest I don't agree with how NYX labeled the colors I feel like the first color should have been called "Rust" and the second color "copper" cause the singles are labeled the same way it should be.



(L-R) Copper, Rust, Bronze


What it comes with:
  • An dual ended applicator
  • 3 eyeshadow color (copper/rust/bronze)
  • A small mirror

REVIEW:

Hey everyone!
I am going to be doing a tiny NYX review I got from cherryculture.com. (and I mean tiny) I will be reviewing the following trio: copper/rust/bronze. Now I will admit the copper/rust/bronze trio is the hardest trio to figure out how to wear, but I bought it cause the colors are just so beautiful! They are highly pigmented and are so soft and smooth. The first color is copper and it reminds me of a spicy pink( i know that's not a color LOL I love to make up words) color. The "rust" color reminds me of a goldish color with hints of orange in it and the bronze is very difficult to explain, its just... bronze with hints of orange. I thought the bronze color in this trio would be a perfect dupe for Mac's "Bronze" single, but its not. : (


Here is the MAC "Bronze" single


Here are the swatches of the MAC Bronze single and the NYX "Bronze"color from the trio. They are way different than i expected.

(L-R) NYX Bronze swatch( which is more orange like) and Right, is the MAC Bronze swatch (which is more brown with gold undertones almost.

Pros:

  • The colors are soft, not chalky
  • Highly Pigmented
  • Blends well
  • Last all day

Cons:

  • The packaging is cheap
  • The second and last color are similar in color. The NYX "Bronze" color is more of a darker color of the middle one.

Would I recommend this to a friend? YES! This trio is very beautiful and very unique in the NYX collection. Each color can be worn alone (which is what I do) or together, but I am still not sure how to wear them all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment