Pages

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

NYX eyeshadow Base Review









Hey everyone,
It's me again. Today i am a bit under the weather after coming from the dentist office from having sugary on my wisdom teeth (what a bummer). So forgive me if my writing seems a bit slurred. So anyway down to business I recently purchased the somewhat new NYX eyeshadow base in "skin tone" which is also available in "pearl" and "white" . Apparently from the description for the skintone shade it is suppose to "hold intensify and make your eyeshadow last longer". Now from my understanding when it comes to applying this eyeshadow base it is VERY tricky. If u apply to much it will cause your makeup to crease and will not hide very well under your eyeshadow so i recommend everyone to apply this with a concealer or foundation brush or something. In my case i have to use a brush because if u have long fingernails good luck on dipping your finger into the jar. LOL. Also the real bummer to me is that it doesn't dry as clear as I had hoped. Depending on the amount you use it may and it may not. As the saying goes "a little bit goes a long way". So u have to test it out and figure out what the right amount of this base is for you. In a side note this product reminds me of the NYX jumbo pencils, in which most of the girls use as a base under their eyeshadow. In one youtube video a girl depotted hers and compressed it into a jar.

This eyeshadow base isn't the best, but you do get what u pay for. I just wish the packaging was a bit better(i am a bit vain at times). I'm not feeling it. The consistency can be a bit stiff or dry on skin chalky at times, but it is still pretty good. Now would i recommend this to a friend? Maybe. Here's why, i have noticed that when i use this eyeshadow base on NYX eyeshadow products it pops up a bit better, but when i use this product on non-NYX products like Maybelline or MAC it doesn't really do it justice. Or sometimes it may make higher end makeup pop up better than the urban decay potion primer. It all depends on a lot of factors like the shade of eyeshadow you use maybe. This part i leave to the readers to decide. This is just my opinion on what i have noticed on my skin. so there you go that's how i feel about NYX eyeshadow base.



Here is what it looks like on actual skin just applied, not rubbed in.

No comments:

Post a Comment