Pages

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Loreal "Cobalt Smokes" quad




Hey everyone,
This blog is going to be on another drugstore goodies I picked up which is Loreal "cobalt smokes" quad.


What it comes with:


  • 4 eyeshadow colors(which are numbered)


  • 1 dual ended applicator


Review:

I am really impressed with this eyeshadow quad collection! At first, I wasn't very impressed, but after using it for awhile and letting it grow on me this quad is a keeper! With this eyeshadow quad you can easily go from daytime smokey to night time smokey. Now to get the nighttime smokey eye follow the directions that come on the back of the quad. Secondly, the dual ended applicator it comes with is very handy (I wish other brands like the Maybelline stylish smokes quad did that). The pointed tip does an amazing job of lining the eyes and the applicator does an amazing job on blending the eyeshadow. For some reason it creases on me, but then again I have oily lids so I have to use a thick base like concealer or my NYX eyeshadow base to keep my smokey eye looks together.

Pros:

  • It blends very well
  • Has a great applicator
  • Pigmentation on the darker shades is what it is.
  • It has a nice shimmer to it that reflects very well in certain outdoor lighting.

Cons:

  • In terms of applying the shades some of the lighter colors apply sheer, so you have to build the color.

  • It does crease, although I have a little oily lids, so I have to use a thicker primer that's not Urban Decay.
  • Last all day(with primer- I used NYX eyeshadow base).




Swatches are in the same order they are numbered on the quad.
From left to right: 1, 2, 3, 4

Would I recommend this product? YES! Believe it or not I know I talked highly about the Maybelline stylish smokes, but I like these just as well. For some reason this Loreal quads adds color dimension and the applicator it comers with bought me.

No comments:

Post a Comment