Pages

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Review: Eco tools 5 piece brush set (synthetic makeup brushes)





Hello my makeup junkies!
Today I am going to be doing a review on the Eco tools 5 piece brush set


What it comes with:



Blush Brush



Concealor brush




Angled eyeliner brush




Eyeshading Brush





Eyebrow brush/eyelash comb comb



Reusable Hemp pouch


Review:

I actually bought mine at my local drugstore for $10.99( I think that's the cheapest it comes). First, let me say I am very impressed with the quality of the brush. On the packaging it says it is VERY Eco friendly and 100% cruelty free. The hairs on ALL of the brushes are made of synthetic taklon, which in my opinion, is very good for someone that is allergic to animals. As natural hair brushes (are made of real animal hair), and that can get a little rough on the skin and sometimes shed badly.

Secondly, the brush handles are made from bamboo. At first I was a bit skeptical and did worry about splintering, but the handle is very smooth and virtually free from splinters. On a side note my only complaint is the brush handles are way too long specifically on the eye shading brush. WTF! Now I am a woman with, I assume, average female size hands. I don't feel like these brushes were designed with a woman's hand in mind, nor were they even made by women for women. If it is this is really sad. The brush handle length reminds me of paint brushes you would use to paint your house. I know they are made from bamboo, but isn't that wasting bamboo by making the handles extra long for no reason? Moving on...

Last, but not least, the pouch that comes with the brushes are made from 55% hemp and 45% cotton. Which I thought to be really cool as I get all this stuff for the money and still be Eco friendly at the same time. Now as in term of usage and on how well these brushes apply makeup, I am not very impressed with the few I have used so far. The eye shading brush does not pick up powder eyeshadow the way I expected. You will have to keep dipping and dipping and patting on lightly to get the color you want on your lids. I will admit that the brush doesn't apply makeup harshly and it blends it well while applying. The angled eyeliner brush does a great job of applying eyeliner (not to thick and not to thin). It helps my Stila gel smudge pot glide nicely onto my lashline while delivering the right amount of color.


Pros:
Eco friendly
Packaging is decent
Soft bristles
No shedding
Non irritating (All brushes are made of synthetic taklon)
Price is decent
Comes with a reusable hemp pouch



Cons:
The brush handle is way to long, especially on the shading brush.

Would I recommend this product to a friend? Possibly. I have read alot of great reviews on these eco tool brushes and wanted to test it out for myself, only to feel a little...disappointed. I am willing to keep trying with these brushes as it is a huge adjustment from my last NYX makeup brushes. I do recommend that everyone should try these brushes out for themselves and see how they like it. So I will be doing an update review on my final verdict.

So Stay tuned for an update later on next week... My final Verdict is that brushes are okay. I would recommend them and my favorite brush in this whole group is the angled eyeliner brush. It glides on smooth, pick up eyeliner color very well and goes back into shape if washed.





2 comments:

  1. This was great! Super helpful as I am trying to get more into make up and I am always overwhelmed by all the different styles of Makeup Brush Set! Thank you for sharing this one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    Nice Blog, Thanks for sharing Your blog posts are more interesting and

    impressive.It was very well authored and easy to understand. I also found your

    posts very interesting.I have also best professional makeup brushes For you

    Guys, so just go through and take benefit of that.

    Makeup brush set

    best makeup brushes

    professional makeup brushes

    professional brush set

    ReplyDelete