Pages

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Another NYX Haul: Golden/Rust/ Walnut Bronze, (slim) eyeliner pencils, NYX pencil sharpener. LA Splash nail polish.

I am going to be doing another haul, a NYX haul. YEAH!!!

What I bought?:


  • NYX Golden/Rust/Walnut Bronze Trio
  • NYX (slim) eyeliner pencils
  • NYX Pencil Sharpener

Reviews:


Sorry about the slight glare again


L-R (Golden/Rust/Walnut Bronze)



(L-R) Golden/Rust/Walnut Bronze as swatched.





NYX Golden/Rust/Walnut Bronze trio:

  • This trio is by far one of my favorite NYX trios (compared to the Copper/rust/bronze trio) that should be a must have for this Fall 2010. I think the colors are perfectly coordinated, very smooth, and really makes my dark brown eyes POP. For those of you that are new to NYX it comes with a dual ended applicator, a small mirror and, of course, 3 eyeshadow colors.

  • Would I recommend this product? Yes. This product is amazing! I love their color coordination, its highly pigmented, and it would be a great everyday look for this Fall. The application is very smooth and not chalky like some of NYX's other products.





Top-Bottom( 24 karat, Seafoam green, Satin Blue)


Top -Bottom (Satin blue, seafoam green, 24 karat) Sorry again about the fuzzy photo. My camera just won't pick up the colors on my hand well.


NYX (Slim) Eyeliner pencils:

  • Right now I am really loving these eyeliner pencils. I bought the following colors: seafoam green, Satin Blue and 24 karat. Apparently NYX really stepped their game up with their eyeliner pencils, because I once bought this product before( about a year ago) and every time I would sharpen the darn pencils it would break before I can even sharpen it to a fine point. So they must have changed the formula or something because they have been a life saver all week for when I have been running late for class and need that pop of color. This time the eyeliner pencils applies smoother and more vibrant. The only con is that it does not last very long in the waterline.

  • Would I recommend this product? Yeah. It is a temporary cheaper alternative to color eyeliners from popular higher end brands like Urban Decay, Mac and Makeup Forever. This is one of those product where you get what you pay for, but a slight bit more.




This is the covering on the sharpener. It has one on the bottom and one at the top.



This is the stick thing I was talking about. It cleans out any left overs.


Sorry about the glare once again.





Lastly,( NYX dual Pencil sharpener)

  • If you are into NYX jumbo pencils and their other liner pencils then you NEED to get this pencil sharpener. From my understanding it is the only pencil sharpener that can sharpen the NYX jumbo pencils (that i know of). They do a great job of sharpening without breaking your pencils. I'm not sure if anyone knows this, but the NYX sharpener comes with this really cool cleaner kind of stick that I guess is used to clean out any pencil residue. (There is a better photo on the link I added for the sharpener).

  • Would I recommend this product? Yes! It does a great job of sharpening the NYX pencils. However, I have never tried using it to sharpen any other pencils brands from Urban Decay, Milani, etc. So sorry on that one.



RANDOM MOMENT!!

I forgot to mention that I also bought the LA Splash nail polish in "Embellished". Just a quick review DON'T buy it . This nail polish is TERRIBLE. I have read alot of great reviews on this nail polish and some people keep swearing by it. I, on the otherhand, will NOT.




Here are swatches of the nail polish. As you can probably tell the applicator is clumpy.



Beautiful color, bad application


Pros:

  • True to color
  • It dries VERY quickly
  • Decent price (you get what you pay for)



Cons:

  • It chips as soon as you put it on.
  • It smells awful (way to much alcohol).
  • Glitter overload( I think that's what makes it clumpy)
  • VERY clumpy
  • Drying on the nails
  • Looks dull



Would I recommend this product? NOOOO! This product was a waste of money. I wish I never bought this. I will stick with my opi nail polish thank you very much.

That is all for my haul today. Please feel free to comment....

No comments:

Post a Comment