Pages

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Eyeshadow tips for Brown Eyes


(image credit: onetalentsource.com)

This post is mainly for future makeup junkies or for anyone that wants to expand their makeup look horizons. The other day I was talking with a friend of mine and it brought so much sadness to my soul to see a bunch of women wearing eyeshadow shades that don't flatter their eyes or even their complexion. Brown eyes is one of the most beautiful, versatile eye colors that can get away with ALMOST any eyeshadow shade you want. Alot of women, for some reason, take their gorgeous brown eyes for granted. Why? (Any comments on the matter). So I mainly constructed together some tips and rules that will help brown eye beauties accentuate their lovely brown eyes to the max.


Rule # 1: NEVER wear a combination of eyeshadow and eyeliner that is the same color as your eyes. I don't know why, but alot of women keep doing this. Brown eyes are not meant to be covered by brown. It's like dropping a penny into another pile of pennies and expecting to find the same one you dropped in. You try it? I'll wait...LOl.



Tip: It's either you use one or the other, but personally I wouldn't recommend brown eyeshadow. However, if u do, opt for a soft brown eyeshadow that at least has flecks of gold in it like Maybelline's "Cinnamon spice" single eyeshadow that has a nice shimmer to it to awaken any eyes. As for brown eyeliner which makes for great, soft, daytime looks. You can still use as long as u line the eyes top and lower lashes, but on the lower lash line don't go to far in (maybe 1/3 of the way is cool). Black eyeliner also makes a great dramatic look on any eyecolor. Milani has a great liquify eyeliner pencil that does wonders.



Rule # 2: Look into eyeshadow shades like purples (esp Lavender), blues, teal, gold, silver, green, copper or other neutral shades (Ex: Champagne). These eyeshadow shades really make brown eyes POP. I would know. For some reason blue on my dark brown eyes and my complexion really make my eyes stand out for attention. LOL



Tip: Try the "Urban Decay" Sustainable eye palette" or Urban Decay's "Naked" palette(when they are in stock...whenever that will be (sigh) ). These palettes are great starter kits for women with Brown eyes. A cheaper option would be NYX For your eyes only Brown eyeshadow palette. These palettes have all the great shades to do neutral or eye popping looks. So don't be afraid to experiment with palettes like that, that's coordinated for brown eyes.



Rule # 3: Get creative with your eyeliner. I don't know why, but I have been noticing that alot of women are afraid to play around with color eyeliner looks. I can't seem to find any youtube videos that pertain to these looks. Sometimes, ladies, there is nothing like a fast pop of color on the go.


Tip: Sometimes Gold, or Bronze eyeliner on the upper and/or lower lash line gives u that eye attention you have been looking for. I would know as I have tried this before. Even a dab of white eyeshadow or eyeliner on the inner lash line spruces up those eyes and can even make them look bigger. You should even try this combination black winged eye liner on the upper lash line and seafoam green OR lavender eyeliner on the lower lash line really POPS brown eyes right out. Look into brands like Urban Decay, and Makeup Forever for intense, fun, eye popping eyeliner shades. For Drugstore/cherryculture: NYX Slim eyeliner pencils, Cover Girls liquiline eyeliner pencil or Milani metallic liquify eyeliner pencils.

Rule #4: Don't be afraid to experiment with different shades of mascara. Mascara that has hints of green, blue, purple OR gold in it really helps to bring out eyes. Depending on the one you buy, you don't have to worry about the color being so vibrant. It's not until someone gets close they MAY see it.


Tip: Try Covergirls mascara in Lash Blast Luxe in colors like "Black Royal", "Black Emerald" etc. You chose.

So that's all for my makeup tips. Remember you are not obligated to use the products I recommended here in this blog. These are mainly products that have worked for me and I am recommending for you. "What works for me may not work for you
".

Thanks for reading my blog! : )

5 comments:

  1. Those are some cool tips! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment it means alot to me. I'm just sharing some tips that have worked really well for me and I have gotten alot of compliments on. Also thank you for becoming a follwer its good to know someone is reading it : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some girls go disco or any pageants having an eyeshadows that is very weird to look at because their eyeshadow does not fit on their skin type.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the girl in the picture is absolutely gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree! This is one of the most spectacular beauties that I've seen in such a long time. Seriously. This girl is legendary beautiful. I bet even the stars envy her shine. What. A. Face.

    ReplyDelete