Pages

Sunday, August 29, 2010

NYX Jumbo Pencils: Pure Gold, Lavender, and Lime/Lemon Review and Swatches!!!

From L-R (Lemon/Lime, Lavender, Pure Gold). For some reason the camera isn't picking up the swatches like its suppose to.





REVIEW:
Hey everyone! Great news I finally found a way to upload ALL the makeup I bought these past few weeks and it has been quite a bit. For starters, I had to write a blog on the NYX Jumbo pencils first. These pencils are A-MAZE-ING! I can't believe I jumped on the bandwagon so late! I bought mine in Pure Gold, Lavender, and Lime/Lemon (I believe NYX changed the name of this color, but its still the same shade just different name). These jumbo pencils are a MUST have for every girl. I have been mainly using my jumbo pencils under the Maybelline Stylish Smokes quad to separate and emphasize certain colors. For some reason on my complexion the colors in the Maybelline quad don't show how I want them to and blend way to well( I know it sounds weird). So I use my jumbo pencil in Lavender on my lid up into the crease, blend it out with my fingers then I use the Amethyst Smokes Quad. For some reason with the jumbo pencil under my eyeshadow it makes the Maybelline stylish smokes more daytime friendly. Weird. Well anyway. Everyone needs to get these pencils. I am actually going to go back and get 2 more in "Baby Blue" and "Cottage Cheese". Oh and I almost forgot to mention you guys should invest in the NYX pencil sharpener as they really do sharpen your jumbo pencils and slim eye pencils very well. When I first bought it from Ulta.com I thought it would be some cheap pencils that wouldn't even sharpen well and it turns out the blades are razor sharp and unlike other sharpeners its doesn't break your pencils.

Pros:
They glide on very creamy
They don't crease
Sharpen well with the NYX pencil sharpener
Highly Pigmented
Can be worn under eyeshadow to set it
Can be worn alone
They are cheaper than Maybelline cool shadow liners


Cons:
Can't be used an eyeliner cause the tip is way to thick
Should come in more colors
I can't think of anything more.



Would I recommend this product to a friend? YES! I would. These pencils have alot of uses and can do a number of tricks. It can enhance or tone down eyeshadow colors. You have to practice with it to get the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment