Pages

Thursday, July 1, 2010

LA Girl lip palette in Irresistible


How is everyone summer V'kay going?

Mine is super fun... so far! Today I have a little treat for you guys. Lately I have been really getting into lip gloss palettes as I find it to be a better alternative to lip tints, because of it pigmentation. So Last week I got the LA girl lip palette in "irresistible" and had a ton of time to try it out. Sorry, but I just couldn't find it in myself to swatch them on the first day as they looked so pretty and creamy. The palette comes with 6 different colors (in my opinion 2 of the lip glosses look exactly the same). The palette I got seems to be filled with cool colors. As for the packing, I will admit that the packaging "looks" like a decent hard outer covering. However, when I dropped it on my wooden bedroom floor the palette opened up and my brush fell out onto the ground. But don't worry the lip gloss was safe and so was the brush. So "You get what you pay for". Now for the the brush the palette comes with is super cool and very travel friendly. It's very small and thin, but I am able to work with it. The applicator part picks up the color very well, but my only complaint is that it doesn't apply the gloss very evenly esp if you have bigger lips.

Now for the part you have all been waiting for... the pigmentation. So far the pigmentation isn't what I had expected. It provides more of a tint on your lips than actual highly pigmented colors. Although, you can chose to layer it to increase the pigmentation. I usually pick like a pink color and put on a sheer pink Victoria Secret beauty rush lip gloss to add shine and flavor to my lips yum. The only thing I don't like about this palette is the colors don't mix very well together. Lets say if you want to blend them or make a brighter new color on your lips and u mix purple with red its like the colors just "sits" on top of my lips instead of actually blending in together to create a nice shade. Either that or I am doing something seriously wrong. Lastly I feel like the lip palette actually dries out my lips so I have to wear lip balm underneath before I apply it to my lips. All in all they are still pretty decent. I will certainly be buying more! The next palettes I want to get is "sunset", "box of chocolates", and "passion".



My favorite colors are the purple one in the middle, that last mauve color, and the orange colors.

Pros:
Inexpensive
Have the option of layering the same color(From tint to high pigmentation).
Perfect for an everyday work or school look.
Creamy



Cons:
The packaging is cheap
If you drop it, it opens up
Color combos do not mix well together
Can be drying on the lips (spruce it up with sheer gloss to add moisture).
Doesn't last long on lips

Brush does not work well on fuller lips.

Would I recommend this product to a friend? YES! I think despite the cons, I think every girl should try it. There is something about this palette that no matter how many cons there are it still draws you in.

1 comment: