Pages

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Covergirl Makeup Brush & Loreal HIP eyeshadow in Saucy


Loreal HIP eyeshadow in "Saucy"

How's it going guys?
It has been some time since I posted a blog its just I have been so darn busy with work and everything. I did a little shopping at Target yesterday(by accident) as I was looking for an everyday eyeshadow look that looked a bit natural or neutral and not to over done. So I came across Loreal Hip eyeshadow in "saucy". Now I have never tried Loreal eyeshadows before or better yet any of their products(except for their HIP cream eyeliner). So far I am extremly impressed with their eyeshadows. The color that is in the packaging is the exact same color that appears on your skin. Now I will admit that their makeup is a bit pricey (compared to maybelline and Covergirl) which is why I tend to overlook their products most of the time. Hey, I'm a college student every dollar counts. Their eyeshadows have two compartments: The eyeshadow at the top and ONE applicator on the bottom. I thought that was a bit stingy(just my opinion).




The color to the left is a very nice dark champagne color (well at least on my skin tone). I actually thought it would have been an orang or gold like color because of the swatches online. But it came out to be a very nice champagne color. It looks really nice against my skin tone and almost blends in very well which is what I wanted. The darker shade to the right blends in fabulously with my crease and it almost gives me a nice sun kissed glow.


Here r the swatches.

Would I recommend this product to a friend? YES I WOULD. Their eyeshadows are not flakey and blend well with a nice shimmer. This eyeshadow is so soft and heavily pigmented that I use a "fluff brush" to give me a sheer color wash.



Speaking of "fluff brush" I found an amazing one at Target. It is Covergirls makeup brush. Now from my understanding MAC also has a "fluff brush/227 brush" for $29.99. WOW! Now That's ALOT of money for a brush. So I decided to go out to the stores and find a nice cheaper option and I found the Covergirl makeup brush for about $3.99. I used this same brush to apply my Loreal HIP eyeshadow in Saucy and it gave me a nice sheer wash. The cool thing about the brush is that it grabs and holds onto color very well. It applies it smoothly and the brush is small and travel friendly. The good thing is u can build the color if u feel that it applied your eyeshadow to light. Girl's if u haven't gotten this brush yet, u need to get it. It is great for making natural looks.

1 comment: