Pages

Friday, January 28, 2011

Urban Decay "Summer of Love" eyeshadow palette review


Hey my makeup junkies,

What I Bought:

  • Urban Decay "Summer of Love Palette"

What it comes with?:


  • 4 Eyeshadow Colors (Flash, Maui Wowie, Chopper, and Smog)

  • A mirror

  • 24/7 Eyeliner (Bourbon)

  • Travel Size Sin Eyeshadow Primer Potion



From Left to Right: Flash, Maui Wowie, Chopper, and Smog

My Review:

"Chopper"(Coppery w/ silver microglitter): I love this eyeshadow color and I think it will look great on any eye color and complexion. However, my only qualms with this eyeshadow color is the glitter fallout. Pair this eyeshadow with a nice lig glosss and bronzer and you will have an amazing spring and summer makeup look.

"Maui Wowie" (Very light medium gold w/ silver glitter): This eyeshadow color is a little bit difficult to describe as in my opinion its a very neutral color that will look great on any skin tone and eye color. However, I would rather wear this color as an inner corner shade, eyeshadow base, or brow bown highlight. Speaking in terms of myself I don't really like "Maui Wowie" to much and don't see myself buying this color as an individual eyeshadow pot. I feel there is a technique to wearing this shade. I tried wearing this on my eyelid and then a darker color in the crease and it just wasn't for me. It does look nice against my eyecolor and skin tone, don't get me wrong, I just feel this is a color that needs to be paired and used with the right technique.

"Smog" (Deep Coppery Bronze w/ metallic shimmer): I am in love with this eyeshadow color!!! Why? Because this is an eyeshadow color can be used to create soft Summery smokey eye looks just by applying this color over the lid and "Maui wowie" in the inner corner of the eye to brighten the eyes!

"Flash"( Bright shimmery purple): This purple eyeshadow is a MUST have color for everyone!! It can be worn alone or whatever is cooking in that Urban Decay brain. It would really makes brown and green eyes pop and is great for all year round.

Swatches: From Top to bottom on my arm: Smog, Chopper, Maui Wowie, and Flash. There is the 24/7 eyeliner in the photo which I hate and gave away to a friend.

"Sin" Primer Potion (Champagne w/ metallic shimmers): As always Urban Decay's Primer potions do not diappoint! This primer dries on with some metallic shimmers. The primer potion that it comes with really does wonders! I've never tried the Urban Decay "Sin" Eyeshadow Primer Potion and let me say I am impressed! You can actually wear the "Sin" Primer potion alone or underneath eyeshadow. If u wear it alone it gives your eyes a natural shimmery look with a light sweep of eyeshadow, and if you wear it underneath eyeshadow it makes them look more shimmery. But beware, cause if you use this primer potion with a glitter eyeshadow like "Midnight Cowbody rides again" the glitter will turn into a New Years Eve night club party.



"Sin" Primer potion Swatch.

Would I recommend this palette? YESSS!!! I am in love with this palette and the individaul eyeshadow colors as this palette won't be around for long as its a clearance deal on a palette that was out last Summer.! I actually bought it because Urban Decay had it on sale for $15, and I have never tried those eyeshadow colors before. I have only been using their "Sustainable Palette" for the past year, and was also the only time I've ever tried Urban Decay before. The Palette is very travel friendly as the casing has a magnetic closing so you don't have to worry about your eyeliner falling out or it opening up in your bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment