Pages

Friday, January 21, 2011

Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner "Lucky" & "Ransom"


Hey Everyone!!!
I am finally back after my long holiday vacation and splendid New Years. I am starting off the new years with some really cool beauty products I bought from (Urban Decay). I finally got the Urban Decay 24/7 glide eyeliners in two colors "Ransom" and "Lucky"( My favorite color!).

This is the outer packaging for the eyeliners.





From Left to right: Lucky and Ransom. These colors are beautiful to look at, but don't adhere well to my eyelids.

Review:
Ok so lets get started...For starters this review may come as a shock to everyone, but this eyeliner is NOT for me. For some strange reason the color will not pick up well on my eyelids. I'm not sure if its because I have slightly oily lids sometimes, but this has NEVER happened to me before with other eyeliner pencils like NYX or other drugstore bought products. It's weird because before I bought this product I was searching online for some reviews on the urban decay eyeliners, and everyone had something good to say about it. Arrrgh! So why isn't it working for me?


From Left to Right "Ransom" & "Lucky".
"Ransom" has more of a metallic medium purple shade and "Lucky" is a very beautiful bright shade of coppery brown with specks of glitter in it. Honestly, my favorite color really is "Lucky" when I wore it today (after layering it numerous times) it really brought out my dark brown eyes.

I have swatched colors on my hands and the glide and pigmentation of the two colors were beautiful, but not on my lids. When I woke up this morning I even washed my face to make sure its not because of some makeup residue I had on my eyelids from yesterday. Then I tried to wear the eyeliner colors in "Lucky" and "Ransom" again on separate eyes and the color just will not pick up as to how it should. I waited until both colors dried on my skin then had to reapply/ layer it again in order to get the pigmentation that was promised to me. It's sad to say, but I will be RETURNING these eyeliners to get my money back!! I am super DISAPPOINTED and its makeup products like this that make me super skeptical on buying expensive cosmetics for like $17 only to realize its just not for me.

Pros:
  • The glide is non tugging and smooth
  • Waterproof
  • Smudgproof
  • Alot of colors to chose from
Cons:
  • Don't think this good for people with oily eyelids
  • This product doesn't have many cons, it just doesn't pick up well on my lids for some reason
Final Verdict: I would still recommend this product to a friend because just because it didn't work for me doesn't mean it won't work for anyone else. However, I still like Urban Decay, but will probably just stick to their eyeshadows and primer potions. My next product I'm going to try for colorful eyeliners is going to be Makeup Forever at Sephora.

No comments:

Post a Comment