Pages

Friday, November 5, 2010

I am Finally back!!! Drugstore Haul and Homemade Body Scrub

Hello EVERYONE!!!
I am finally back!!! (Hooray!) As promised, I bought a few new things, as well as wanted to share some other cool news. For starters, during my mini hiatus(which is still not fully solved) I started picking up a brand new hobby, and have really taken up a huge interest in making my own spa products such as soaps, eyeshadow and body scrubs. So I may create a 2nd blog(don't worry i am still keeping this one) or incorporate it into this one. You have no idea how excited I am about this new hobby of mine. I have created alot of neat soaps and body scrubs that my family just loves! So far I made a few soap cupcakes, a lavender body scrub, a brown sugar body scrub and more soap that looks like food.

OK so on to the reviews:
What I bought?





  • Loofah & Cotton Bath Pad

  • Loreal HIP cream eyeliner in "Midnight blue"

  • Vaseline Cocoa butter deep conditioning





Reviews:

Loofah & Cotton Bath Pad:



This bath pad is amazing! I actually NEVER used a loofah pad before and so I purchased one at my local drugstore, for the first time in my life, because I am actually starting to make my own homemade body scrubs. On my skin it really does feel like it is exfoliating and the super cool perk is the fact that it has a strap in the back of the loofah so you can buffer your skin without the hassle of dropping it. Also I didn't know the loofah pad would expand if wet with water.

Would I recommend this product?: Yeah, I would. I am still getting use to this loofah pad as I don't know much about Loofah's.











Loreal Hip cream eyeliner in "Midnight Blue":




Hmmm.,...where do i begin? The color is very beautiful. I have dark brown eyes and have grown tired of wearing black gel eyeliner on days where I don't feel like wearing makeup, but willing to wear eyeliner with intensity, so I bought this cream eyeliner in midnight blue which actually reminds me of a cobalt color with micro shimmers. I haven't tested out this eyeliner long enough to give a detailed review. Although, the bristles on the brush, that comes with the eyeliner, is a weapon!!! That thing hurts alot. There is nothing soft about those bristles!!! The brush is the one thing I WILL toss with this eyeliner.


Lastly, Vaseline Cocoa butter deep conditioning:



Now that we are in Fall and winter is around the corner next month I needed a new skin care regime for my very dry skin. This is my first time trying this product and before I can give an accurate review may need to try it out a little longer before I give the verdict. However, what I can say is that unlike other creams i have tried in the past it smells awesome, gives my skin a nice sheen/glow, but is a little sticky.

Oh, and before I forget I have a picture of a prototype of one of my homemade body scrub.


I actually call this homemade body scrub a citrus body scrub.





No comments:

Post a Comment